What is a testimony? It is simply sharing how you responded to Christ call in your life. After his encounter with Christ when he spoke before King Agrippa the Apostle Paul was an example for us on how to share our testimony.
Read Acts 26 to hear Paul tell his story.
Answer the following questions to help form your salvation testimony:
- Before: Your life before you knew Christ
- Before you came to Christ, where were you spiritually? How did that affect your life in general?
- Before you became a Believer, what were some ways God began drawing you to Christ?
How: Your conversion
- What motivated you to invite Christ into your life as Lord and Savior?
- Specifically, how did you come to Christ, receive His forgiveness, and submit to His Lordship?
- If a church played a part in your conversion, how did you come in contact with that congregation? Who and what do you remember from your first visits?
After: Your new walk with Christ
- What changed in your life after you accepted Jesus as your Savior?
- How did knowing Christ change the way you define your life?
Simple right? All you have to do is share what happened in your life and how you came to Christ.
Do not be fooled by the enemy who says your story is not as cool or powerful as someone else’s. Don’t fall for the lie that you are not saved as much as another person. God meets people where they are and calls them to Him. Not everyone must have an extreme testimony of being radically saved in order to connect with another person.
Take some time and watch the testimonies of others on YouTube. It is captivating to hear how each one is so different and how God worked in each of their lives. Watch a few of these videos and notice how different each one is. Yours is just as unique and just as powerful. Share your story.
If you don’t know the Lord, start down the path of knowing Him today.