Singles you may or may not be married some day. At Table for One Ministries, we often include in our blogs the idea of being Complete in Christ for singles. But being Complete in Christ is not just for singles. It is for all adults. If you one day are called to marriage, remember this tip to help divorce proof your marriage:
That’s right. Being Complete in Christ and not in a relationship with another person is a big key to helping your potential marriage be affair-proof for a few reasons:
Christ will be the head of your marriage
- So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. (Col 2:10) (NIV)
- Having Christ in the driver’s seat for major decisions and day-to-day tasks means your marriage will always have the right driver.
Communication will be better
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Prov 10:1)(NIV)
- Following God’s plan for you life will include things like prayer and devotion. You can and will apply those habits to your relationship with your spouse, resulting in conversation that is open, honest, and transparent.
Priorities will be clearer
- …and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. (Mark 10:8) (NIV)
- Shared priorities in a joint marriage means everyone is going the same direction as far as finances, relationships, and life goals.
You will be drawn close together
- Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. (Heb. 13:4) (NIV)
- Keeping your completeness in Christ will keep you away from the sinful desires this world has to offer. Chase after Christ rather than finding completeness in sin.
All of these are easier said than done, however when both people enter into a union where they are a whole person prior to marriage, they are complete in the one who made them not the one who married them.
Singles, we have all seen couples who marry and still lack happiness and chase other things of the world. It is our belief that you should be Complete; no, not because it will help you be married, but because it is God’s plan for your life.